Frequently Asked Questions
My goal at IndependentActor is to provide you with the very best in training, talent development services, career support products and client service.
I know reading fine print cramps creativity but take a few moments to read over the company, booking, payment and client service policies below before making a purchase.
If you should encounter a problem with an online purchase, have questions regarding IA policies or have a client service issue, please contact me using the form provided on this page. If you prefer to speak by phone, include your direct number in the message box and I will call you back. I always work diligently to resolve any matter as quickly and fairly as possible.
FORMS OF PAYMENT
- Accepted forms of payment are cash, electronic transfer (via stripe or paypal), credit and debit cards.
- Payment plans are not offered and personal checks are not accepted.
- Electronic transfers, credit and debit card payments are processed via my verified, secure paypal or stripe merchant accounts, IAP, LLC. Receipts and invoices for these payments are delivered via email. Receipts for cash payments are given in person on request or via email.
- Payment is due at the time of service or purchase unless otherwise noted below or on your receipt/invoice. Coaching sessions conducted via Skype or FaceTime must be paid in full prior to the start of the coaching session.
- Classes, Workshops, Creative Management and Discounted Coaching Packages must be paid for in full by the start of the first session. There are no payment plans or refunds for these discounted packages.
BOOKING, CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICIES
- Appointments may be booked via phone, email or, for regular clients, by text message between the hours of 11:00am and 11:00pm ET. When contacting IA for the first time by phone or email, please provide your first and last name, phone number and email address in the message. Please note that you are a client in the subject line so your email receives priority.
- As a courtesy to other clients, kindly give 24 hours notice, by phone, text or email, prior to a Private Coaching session or Headshot Consultation you wish to cancel or reschedule. Failure to provide such notice will result in a $50 charge.
- Coaching sessions at locations other than my studio will incur an additional charge for my travel time.
- Clients under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian make and cancel appointments, be present at photo shoot locations and consultations, attend the first private coaching session, pick up minors from classes, workshops, showcases and bootcamp locations.
- All classes, workshops and showcases have a date after which no refunds will be given. This date is printed on the confirmation email and/or invoice emailed or handed to you after making your reservation. Refunds will be issued in the same manner in which payment was made.
- Missed classes, workshops, showcases and bootcamps will not be credited or refunded.
- Headshot and Photography Services all require a non-refundable deposit to reserve the shoot date. The balance must be paid in full by the date printed on the deposit receipt or on the invoice received at the consultation or emailed to you.
- Late arrivals to classes, workshops, bootcamps, showcases, coaching sessions and photo shoots cannot be made up with extra time at the end of the session or at a later date.
- Late arrival to photo shoots will result in fewer photographs being taken and/or the inability to use some locations due to lighting concerns and studio/location availability.
- Discounted Coaching Packages are valid for one calendar year from the date of purchase. Exceptions are made only for clients who have booked union acting jobs or tours out of town and present a contract to verify the booking dates. There are no refunds or credits for unused coaching sessions or services included in discounted packages. These are final sale purchases.
- There are no refunds for downloaded materials, e-books or webinars. If technical difficulties are experienced with downloads, contact me via phone or e-mail, and I will rectify any technical difficulties caused on my end immediately.
- Weekend Bootcamps require a $150.00 non-refundable deposit to reserve your seat. The balance must be paid in full by the date printed on the invoice emailed or given to you when making your reservation.
- In the event of inclement weather, classes, workshops, showcases, bootcamps, coaching and photography sessions will only be cancelled if a weather emergency is declared by the state in which the event is to be held, which closes the roads or, in New York City, if mass transit service is suspended. Classes, workshops, showcases and bootcamps will then be rescheduled for the soonest available date and normal cancellation policies will remain in effect.
7 STEPS COURSE POLICIES
What you get:
- Access to the complete 7 Step To Launch + Grow Your Acting Career Program which includes seven (7) video modules, 14 downloadable worksheets/guides and two (2) 60-minute coaching sessions with Cynthia White via FaceTime, Skype, or traditional phone call.
- A ten (10) day money-back guarantee is available to all purchasers, with "day one" being the date of purchase and "day ten" ending at midnight Pacific time on the ninth day after the date of purchase, after which no refunds or credits of any manner will be given. If purchaser is not satisfied with the program during the ten (10) day guarantee period, they must give written notice to IndependentActor Productions via email at email@example.com specifically requesting a refund. Refunds are made using the same method as payment and may take up to five business days to process.
What you need:
- Users must have access to the internet and create and maintain a student account on the thinkific platform by providing first and last name, email address and password to access the program, and have access to a viable FaceTime account, Skype account or a phone for the coaching sessions.
- Coaching sessions must be booked by the User through the provided Acuity scheduling platform or via direct email or call with the coach, Cynthia White.
- The included coaching sessions must be used within one year (365 days) of purchase they will be forfeited. With the exception of legal holidays, coaching sessions are available on at least three weekdays/evenings and one weekend day each week to provide ample scheduling opportunities.
- No credits or refunds are given for unused coaching sessions.
What you should know:
- IndependentActor, LLC and Cynthia White make no promise or guarantee of acting work, paid or unpaid, or talent representation for Users.
- Content used or provided in this course that is the intellectual and/or copyrighted property of IndependentActor, LLC and Cynthia White and may not be re-used, published or shared in any form, without the express written permission of IndependentActor, LLC.
- User information (name, email, phone, payment information) will never be sold or shared for commercial purposes.
- It is the responsibility of the client to come to coaching sessions, photo shoots, classes, workshops, bootcamps and showcases, focused, ready and prepared to work and/or perform at the scheduled start time.
- All clients are responsible for bringing the materials required for their coaching session, class, workshop, bootcamp or showcase. This can include, but is not limited to, copies of monologues, scenes, scripts, props, sheet music, headshots and resumes. I am unable to provide additional copies of assigned scripts, monologues and scenes at coaching sessions, classes, workshops and bootcamps.
- I reserve the right to remove disruptive participants from classes, workshops, bootcamps and showcases, without refund or credit.
- Photography, audio and visual recording of coaching sessions, classes, workshops, bootcamps and showcases by clients is prohibited unless prior approval has been given. Clients wishing to record their work as a training aid or to show to an agent or manager are encouraged to speak with me in advance for approval and assistance. I am very happy to assist clients with these requests whenever possible.
- Photography, audio and visual recording of coaching sessions, classes, workshops, bootcamps and showcases by IAP, LLC and staff for training and/or promotional purposes are the exclusive property of IAP, LLC.
- Clients who would like to be featured on the IA website or in promotional ads/materials are encouraged to let me know so I can provide you with a release form to sign.
- I do not sell or rent the IA email list or any purchaser information, ever. A link to safely unsubscribe from my email list is provided at the bottom of emailed newsletters and is immediately processed through the email client server.
- Scheduled Industry Guests/Panelists for showcases and bootcamps may be subject to change without notice due to availability, scheduling, illness, travel issues or bouts of diva-tude. In the event of such changes, I will do everything possible to replace the Industry Guest/Panelist with a new Guest/Panelist with similar credentials, in the time available to do so. Refunds and/or credit cannot be given to clients due to substitutions for, or cancellations by, Industry Guests/Panelists that are beyond my control and Industry Guests/Panelists are always completely beyond control!
- Terms and conditions specific to a particular service or product will be provided to you in print on receipts, invoices or email confirmations. Please contact me with questions or concerns regarding conditions or policies. I am happy to answer your questions and discuss your concerns.
Thanks for taking the time to familiarize yourself with IndependentActor policies and for choosing to work with me.