When a monologue is performed successfully, an actor is fully immersed in the life of the character, holding a connection with the audience that transcends words. Mastery of monologues is mastery of the craft of acting.
Every actor must have a library of monologues ready for use at auditions and agency interviews. If you need fresh, fully realized, Castable Types® monologues or if you’ve always wanted to write your own, this is the class for you.
Together we will:
- Choose monologues that perfectly realize and market your Castable Types®.
- Apply the Complete Thought Approach to finding the emotional arc, pace and nuance of a character and script.
- Develop the physical presence to bring your character to life that works on stage, in front of the camera or in an agency office.
- Fully direct your monologues to a professional performance level.
- Learn how to painlessly write a monologue worthy of performance for your own use or as part of a future project.
You will love:
- Having current monologues perfectly suited to your Castable Types® ready to use at every opportunity.
- Significantly improving the quality of your acting, stage presence and ability to connect to audiences.
- Mastering a reliable, intuitive technique for understanding text, subtext and throughline.
- The confidence that comes from having professionally directed, fully rehearsed monologues.
- Learning to write your own monologues so you always have unique material available and another outlet for your creativity with the option to publish your work.